Monday, July 27, 2026

21

This August 2nd, it will be 21 years since my little sister Emma was killed in a car accident. I was in the car accident. My mom’s mom, my grandma, fell asleep at the wheel driving us home from the cottage and we smashed into another car driving in the opposite direction on the highway in Quebec.

My sister was a classic. She was really, really funny. We spent a lot of time at Chapters in our youth. I am thankful for having known her. She was 13.

One time, at work, my colleagues found out about her death. “I was born in 2005,” my co-worker said, “Maybe I’m her reincarnation!” It was the coolest thing anyone has ever said to me in regards to her death.

I like to think she haunts my restaurant. I think of my life. I am lucky to be alive. 🍀

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP A THOUGHT 💭🤍